Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It runs in my veins...sort of

Some of you know that I come from a long line of bakers on my Dad's side of the family. My great-great grandma made one heck of a loaf of whole wheat bread, so she started the Dunford Bakery in Salt Lake City. It's now one of the biggest bakeries out west and they sell all kinds of good stuff (I'm dying for a chocolate-chocolate doughnut right about now). Needless to say, the baking gene runs in my veins...I just don't know how dominant it is.

While my parents were here over the holidays we made homemade bread. Yes, homemade. As in, start from scratch. As in, not even a mixer was used. As in, I kneaded that hunk of dough like my life depended on it. However, I must be honest and tell you that although I was really going at that dough and kneading it the best I could, my mom still took over and "helped" me. She really just couldn't stand to watch the hideous job I was doing and decided that she better cut in. We did have a really good time though, and if there is one person in my family that will continue the baking tradition, it will be my sister. She was a natural! She definitely got the baking gene, and it's dominant too. :)


5 comments:

Bethany said...

At least your abs didn't ache the next day! So out of shape....love you!

Sarah and Wes said...

Those are great videos! What a fun time. That's really funny because I was trying to load pictures at the same time and getting the same error--I also posted about it! I hope we can see you guys again sometime and meet the little guy!

Whitney Seaberg said...

Ok so I know that you don't know me Angela but Joseph and I went to School and Church together back in Washington! So I came across your blog from Adrienne's and happy I did. Good to see what Joseph is up to these days. We had a baby last March as well, the 4th actually. So it is pretty fun to see your son and it's the same as ours. You can check out our blog if you like. It's thekeiththree.blogspot.com that will only fit for another 6 months as we are expecting number 2 in June! Have a good week!!

Skeem's said...

I also went to school and church with Joseph, back when he lived in Washington state. This is Nicole Burbidge, well now Nicole Skeem, anyways I found your guys blog through Adrienne as well, your son is very cute, how fun he must be:) Our blog is thebeaminskeems.blogspot.com if you want to check us out!

Whitney Seaberg said...

oh this is whitney again...I was wondering if you could pass my email along to Elizabeth and Ben and see if they will add me as an approved reader of their blog? My email address is jermandwhit@gmail.com
(my first comment just says .said)