Sunday, July 26, 2009

On the road again!

I failed to mention this in a post, but Joseph finished his first year of dental school! He can now clean people's teeth. Yes, useless as far as his profession goes (he won't actually be cleaning people's teeth), but at least it is a start. Now that he has a small six-week summer reprieve, we took advantage of the opportunity to take the 8 hour trip up to visit my family in Michigan!

Jake more than adores his grandparents. He is in heaven, which, in his definition means endless running in circles around the house, sugar cereal for breakfast, and more toys that light up and make noise than I could possibly mention in this blog post. Joseph and I are also having a blast. Yesterday, we went up to the lake and took the jet-ski around. The thing that we have enjoyed the most may be the fact that when we come to Michigan it's like we get free baby-sitting. Everyone else loves on Jake so much and wants to play with him so it's a chance for Joseph and I to enjoy some time to ourselves. We've only been here two days and have already gotten some great naps!
Jake has gotten his favorite Uncle Trenton to read him lots of good stories. He loves a good book!

Jake has also been playing the piano with his grandpa. He loves anything that makes noise!

We're going to be spending two weeks here in Michigan. Lots of fun times ahead!

5 comments:

Abby said...

I can't wait!!! It sounds like you are having fun!

Sarah and Wes said...

I can't WAIT to take advantage of that when we move to Ohio!! (the whole free babysitting all the time). I wish I could see you on the way out, but I am flying out and Wes is driving the truck. But, Iowa is not that far away!

Tawnya said...

So, glad you are having fun, but I miss you! COME BACK!

ade said...

Jake is so darling...

miss you guys,
Ade

Elliott Family said...

Are you guys going to visit Bay City? We would love to see you.

Miss you guys!
Love,
The Elliott's