Monday, August 24, 2009

He's at it again

Looks like the summer has officially come to a close here in Iowa City. Joseph went back for his first day of his second year this morning. I thought about making him a nice big breakfast this morning to help make the transition going back to school a little bit better, but of course that didn't happen. Nice thought though, right? Instead I'm making him homemade rolls for when he gets home.

Since it's hard to think of Joseph being in school for another 3 whole years, I am trying to take it one day, week, month, year at a time. Most importantly, we're grateful to have this opportunity to be here in Iowa City getting such a wonderful education. We really do love it here (I have to keep saying that to myself as winter starts to roll around). The summer has just gone by too quickly.

Random, I know, but Jake is having a hard time sleeping right now. He's in his crib just playing/yelling. We're right back in the swing of things!!

6 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

You will miss Iowa when you leave. I miss it. Also Jared said that he didn't relize how good of an education he was getting there until he started residency and talked to people that went to other schools he is glad that he went to Iowa he is way more prepared for the real world of dentistry then some others.

Joe'n'Jess said...

Sometimes i think that three more years of Iowa isn't enough. But then I realize that three years of school is definately too much.

Bethany said...

I was wondering if Mexico City comes up on your blog map now!

Rachel said...

BOO FOR SCHOOL!
Derek said it wasn't bad though, he likes that he can understand (in terms of language) his teachers this time around, too. We'll do lots of playgroups to make it pass quicker.

ade said...

keep up the good work - you are such a fantastic wife and mom!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Yeah, I already think it will be hard after we have the baby and Wes will have to go back to school and work! Ah well. I better get used to it--we have several years of school left too! I wish you lived closer!