I like to keep on top of the blog, but it's hard with no pictures to back my stories up. I'm more of a picture book type of gal I guess...unless I'm reading Harry Potter or Twilight (yes, I'm a 13-year-old girl).
Speaking of being 13, I've been finding myself thinking about the olden days lately when I go to sleep at night. Not like last month, or last year, or even the last five years. I've been going way way back to middle school and high school. I thought I might share a few memories, you know, for posterity's sake. Am I getting that old?
Memory #1:
I may regret telling this story. In fact, this is one of those moments that when I think about it, I still remember the utter humiliation of it all. Even as I type this I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't put this out there for the whole blogosphere to read. But, hey, it's been long enough that I can see the pure comedy and irony of it as well.
I mentioned before that I was a gymnast as a child. By the time I got to middle school I had quit the gym and just competed for the good 'ole Jefferson Huskies. Our team was on the balance beam and I was the last to go. As I was watching all of my teammates compete, I leaned over to two of my friends on the team and whispered, "Wouldn't it be absolutely hysterical if someone farted while they were on the beam?" (I know, real mature, remember, 13...) We got a good laugh while imagining one of them ripping a big one doing the splits.
Finally, it was my turn. During all of the rest of the girls' beam routines there had been floor music going on while the team we were competing against did the floor exercise. By the time I got on the beam, though, they were all finished so it was totally silent. No one wanted to ruin the concentration of the last girl on the beam. My tumbling pass was two back-walkovers in a row. I could feel all the eyes on me as I bent backwards to do my first back-walkover. Right as I split my legs in the air, RIIIIIIPPPPPP!!! OH MY GOSH!!! It was SOOOO loud!! You had to be kidding me!!! I was so beyond embarrassed that, to make the story even worse, I fell off the beam!! I got back up, tried to compose myself, and did the second backwalkover, but by now I was beyond hope. I fell off again.
When I was done all I could do was hope that no one heard!! Maybe they were all lost in their own thoughts and not paying any attention to me (of course, if this had been the case, the echoing blast would have shaken them to reality.) I didn't even care that I had fallen off the beam twice, all I could think about was how my life was ruined. I went up to my mom at the end, and she, being the good mother that she is, lied to me and said, "Oh, I'm sure no one even heard it."
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh man, looking back on this is just making me laugh and laugh. I hope you got a good chuckle too. Memories....
3 comments:
I wish I had been there! Hahaha...does anyone have it videotaped??
fabulous. just fabulous.
PAH!!!! Even though I'm pretty sure I've heard that story before, it still made me just ROLL! I can only imagine how mortified you were.
Post a Comment