Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A late birthday present


I can finally check this one off my bucket list! For my birthday back in August, my AMAZING husband bought us tickets to see The Lion King in Chicago this past weekend (I know, right? He's the best!) We stayed with my ever-so-gracious aunt and uncle who live outside Chicago and they even watched Jake for us while we spent the afternoon in Chi-town. Their girls, who are my youngest cousins, loved all over Jake, and he couldn't have been happier. In fact, when we came home for the evening, all he did was tell me that he was picking raspberries with my aunt. Not even a hello. I took that as a good sign.

The play itself was incredible. Of course, me being me, I forgot our camera, but these are a few pics of what we saw:

I didn't know what to expect, but the set and props really blew me away. In reality, the play itself is almost exactly like the movie, same script and everything. In fact, it was so similar that Joseph had a hard time because he wanted all the characters to have the exact same voice inflection as they do in the movie. Sorry, babe, it's called artistic license...at least I think it is.

After we got home, my aunt and uncle treated us to real Chicago style deep dish pizza at Giordano's. And yes, it really is as good as it looks! And, no, I didn't feel guilty at all because, after all, I am pregnant!


The rest of the weekend was spent watching movies, playing games, and talking and laughing until the wee hours of the morning with my aunt and uncle. A good time was had by all!! Thanks again, Galen and Janet, for everything, we had a blast!

8 comments:

Meg said...

How fun! 3 of my favorite things The Lion King (I loved it too!), Chicago and Giardano's! YUM

Lauren and Travis McDougal said...

So jealous!! That sounds like so much fun! And that pizza looked really good too. Pizza pretty much always sounds good!

Jessica Sorensen said...

Hey I went to the Lion King for my Birthday this year too. It was cool glad you liked it.

Amy said...

Okay now I am jealous. I used to eat that same pizza from that exact same place when I was a nanny in Chicago (Oak Park). I used to dream about getting it shipped to me. Yum yum and good entertainment.

The Witt Family said...

I'm so glad that you came for the weekend - we loved having you here! The door is open again anytime! The girls haven't stopped talking about Jake! The door is always open! Love you!

Jared & Tristan said...

Sounds like tons of fun! And gotta love Giordano's! That is the best! Glad you had a fun birthday!

Tawnya said...

Seriously!?!?! I had no idea. What an awesome birthday weekend!

ade said...

Joseph is one good hubby - hope you had a great Birthday, Angela.
Love you!