Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Who does that??

Joseph has been working in the oral surgery clinic at the dental school over the Christmas break. He called me at about 3:00 this afternoon and I got all excited thinking that he would be coming home early. No, that wasn't the case. He was calling to inform me that he had just had his wisdom teeth pulled. Excuse me? Say what?? Apparently, things had been really slow that afternoon, and the faculty on hand just casually asked if there were any students that needed to have any teeth pulled. One of Joseph's fellow classmates spoke up and said, "Well, yeah, Joe here has two wisdom teeth that need to come out." The oral surgeon looked at Joseph's x-rays, and right then it was decided that he would be the next patient.

Needless to say, I was pretty shocked when he called to tell me the news, and then he was confused as to why I wasn't thrilled about it. The only thing I could think was, Who in their right mind volunteers to have their wisdom teeth pulled out on a whim? He kept saying, "But Angela, it was free!" Yeah, I realize it was free, but I could go into labor any second here! The last thing I need is to have my water break while he's changing the gauze in his mouth from oral surgery!

He insists he's fine. I'm not so sure. It took me a while to recover from my own wisdom teeth extractions, but since he didn't have an IV or anything, just a few shots, he says it'll heal quickly. I guess I should trust him since he deals with this kind of stuff all the time. Let's hope!! If I wasn't so worried about going into labor right now, I'd think this whole thing was absolutely hilarious!

Here is my husband eating ice cream and putting ice on his cheeks. I almost feel sorry for him...

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Dano has a theory for this. Have I ever shared it with you?Crisis + time = humor. It never fails. In a few months you'll think it's hilarious. As for me, I think it's hilarious now! :) Keep us posted on that baby. Good luck. Lots of love.

Zepp Family said...

Besides passing out when I got home from getting my wisdom teeth pulled, it was actually as if I hadn't had any medical work done at all. Seriously, no swelling, discomfort, bleeding, inability to eat completely normally etc...

Here's to hoping this is a genetic thing.....for your sake, not Joseph's, he should suffer :-)

Keep us posted on the arrival of the babe!

Genevieve said...

and just before christmas! how is he going to be able to enjoy all the yummy food?! good luck to you- can't wait to see pics of the new baby!!

Gretchen said...

Aw! He looks so sad! lol. Hopefully he heals up fast!

proverbsthirtyhuh.blogspot.com

BWei said...

That is hilarious. Hope you guys have a terrific Christmas!

Ben and Anna said...

hahaha!!!! that is hilarious. hahaha!!!

ade said...

Angela, thinking of you...good luck with this new little one...he will be here before we know it...your a trooper:)
Love ya,
Ade

Whitney Seaberg said...

Ok, I am with Genevieve..I was thinking how the heck is he going to enjoy Christmas Dinner? I guess that was pretty sweet of him to volunteer to get his teeth pulled so it could be "free". (but maybe he should have consulted you firts?) Im thinking he will step up to the plate if that baby comes. Good luck with everything..Im excited to see pics :)