Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God Bless the USA

I love my country. Period. This Fourth of July I had a renewed appreciation for what it means to be an American. And I am proud to be an American.

America is the place where I can dress my kids up to attend whichever religious service we please (it's also the place where they are given adorable American flag pinwheels in nursery!):
America is the place where we hold parades down Main Street (or 5th Street) to honor our country and those who have fought for it.It is at these self-same parades that the kids are given gobs of free candy and delight in seeing (and hearing!) true americana such as bright red fire engines and blaring tow trucks.

America is the place where I can let my 3-year-old enjoy his very first sparkler.And where my 6-month-old is free to drool all over his mother.

America is the place where my children can grow to be whatever they want to be. Maybe a pilot?

A train engineer?
Or maybe even a dentist?
Whatever it is, I hope they grow up with an appreciation for the wonderful country that they were privileged to be born in.

I hope you all enjoyed your Fourth of July as much as we did. God Bless the USA!

9 comments:

Abarca's said...

Thanks for all of the fun on the fourth! We're going to miss you guys :(

Bethany said...

Ooh, great post with lots of pictures! Eli is growing so fast and you're right, he is totally a Mini-You. You can really see it in the slobber picture. Can't wait to see you tomorrow or Friday!!

Zepp Family said...

I love the patriotism of this post, but I also love the cute, cute pics of those boys! Sure hope it works out for us to get together here in the near future. Miss and love you all!

Aul4 said...

I just LOVE reading your posts! Guess what show is at the Muny this week? Yep...Little Mermaid! xoxo

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

What a great and honorable 4th u guys had. Hope to see all of you soon. Love Dad/Papa#10

ade said...

Those boys are so handsome and have the best smiles. Eli is so big already...making any trips out to Utah anytime soon?

Anne Dougherty said...

I love seeing your pictures. Leah loved reading all of the funny things Jake says! Hope you continue to have a fun summer!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Eli is getting so Handsome and so big! Looks like a great 4th! Hope all is going well with you guys and have fun in colorado.

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

Thanks for always doing such a great job keeping us posted on the blog...How I miss living close to you and especially my weekend times with Jake...Those boys are growing way too fast and i love you all dearly...