1. We had a pretty good snowstorm a little while ago. I had to shovel the driveway in order to get out of the house, and did so while it was still snowing. After all that work, I turned around when I was done and it all needed to be shoveled again. It reminded me of a quote that hangs in my parent's laundry room that says, "Cleaning a house while children are growing is like shoveling a sidewalk while it's still snowing." To be honest, I never quite understood it when I was growing up. I get it now. And I hate it.
2. Jake needed to be reprimanded the other day (ok, like every day, but this one stood out). I said, "Jacob Dougherty! Knock it off!" and he replied with, "Mom, I'm not 'ob I'm just Jake! I'm Jake Dennis Dougherty!" We have a little name confusion at our house.
3. We're moving soon. It makes me sad to think about. In fact, I can't write any more about this because my thoughts are still a mess and things are still developing. But, we may have a destination as to where we'll be spending at least the next few years pretty soon (insert excited/frantic scream).
4. Other than the occasional snowstorm, this winter has been fabulous! I had always said I wanted to get out of Iowa when Joseph graduated, but after this winter I am starting to think maybe I could stay here after all.
There you have at least a few of my thoughts. Non-coherent, jumbled, messy thoughts. But, hey, you (or at least some of you) asked for it!
And for those of you who only check out my blog for pictures, I just found these pictures of Jake having fun with Photo Booth on the computer. I didn't know he had taken any of these:
I don't know what's going on with the open mouth...cracks me up though!












5 comments:
I have to say we have some really great photo booth pictures similar to yours...the dangle-over-your-head-in-years-to-come kind. Some may even include some Dunfords! In reference to #2, still laughing!! In reference to #3, by any chance is this destination in or near The Netherlands?!! :)
jake is so funny! I wonder where he gets it? lol i think i have a pretty good idea.
I am just gonna say YAY! and I love that jake is not 'ob, just jake. And that he got to the computer to take pics several different days. Silly boy!
Um...that last picture is a little freaky!!! Lol!
Jake you are a genious on the computer!!!
Post a Comment