We had such a great weekend!
We had some of our best friends from dental school (the Rasmussens and the Whiteheads) over to
our place for a few days, and we had a blast!
I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to get together with people that
you feel so COMFORTABLE with, and who also happen to be my kids very best
friends as well. And what’s more, we
actually have room to accommodate everyone now!
When I look back at pictures like this one:
I am truly amazed that we fit so many people in such a tiny apartment. But I seriously miss those crazy days with
everyone and those awesome people.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time with our friends in
town. I got basically zero pictures of
the weekend because we were having too much fun letting the boys go crazy in
the basement while the adults stayed upstairs and played games, watched movies,
and just enjoyed being together. However, I did take pictures of the kids playing in the snow. We had just had a bit of a snowstorm and the boys (+ Mackenzie) were all enjoying it together.
The kids took turns having Joseph pull them on the sled. As you can see, our backyard is as flat as they come, so this was the closest thing to sledding that the boys got.
Joseph is such a good sport!
It was a whirlwind and we loved every minute of it! Apparently, in the heat of having all our guests, we forgot that Eli needed to go down for a nap, so he went ahead and put himself down:

Yep, he fell asleep while getting on the computer chair. I try to remember to keep the computer mouse and keyboard out of his reach because Eli is known to get on the computer without my knowledge and look up Mickey Mouse videos on YouTube or play on his favorite starfall.com website (both of which he can navigate to himself). I must have forgotten to put them up and he seized his opportunity. He must have been so exhausted that when he was trying to get on the computer chair he just zonked right out. And that right there pretty much tells you exactly what a great weekend we had.

3 comments:
I love that picture of everyone! What a fun weekend! We sure do miss all of you guys!
It was such a fun time!! Thank you thank you thank you for the invite!! And for sending me my phone...So sorry!
We had so much fun! most of the time I can get by on phone calls, but since this trip I've been having friend withdrawals. I need another fun weekend fix!
Post a Comment