Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's go fly a kite!


We had one of our favorite people come visit us this past week, my sister Bethany!  One of the days she was here it was SUPER windy outside so we decided to go out into the backyard and fly a kite.  I’ve never had a kite fly up so easily.  We just let it go and it flew right up! 



That little speck up in the sky is our kite!



We were having a great time flying our kites until this happened:

 

 It got all tangled in this tree in our neighbor's yard:


By some miracle we were able to finagle the kite down from the tree without the use of a ladder.  After that we called it a day!!

Lesson learned: Don't let Eli hold onto the kite by himself!

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

How fun! For some reason I didn't think of flying a kite when it was so windy the other day...I'll work on that.

ade said...

Love the picture of you and Jake - look at all these fun memories you are creating for your boys - so excited to see you in a few weeks:)

Effie said...

Love checking out your blog. Unfortunately I have had to go private on mine because of who was visiting it. Send me the e-mail that you want me to send an invite to and you can still look at mine if you want. :)