Friday, January 23, 2009
I need help!!
AUGH!! Jake won't take naps anymore. He just sits in his crib and yells for an hour or two (depending on how nice I'm being at the time). He purposely throws all of his pacifiers out of his crib and then poops because he knows I'll come in and change him. I am all business when I change his diapers and give his pacifier back to him, then put him back in his crib. He doesn't usually cry, he just sits there and hangs out and sometimes yells for my attention. What do I do? Do I give up his naps? The real problem is that he starts to act really tired (you know, the whole fussy, rubbing eyes, yawning thing) right at about 9:00 when his morning nap usually is. So I think that he's tired and I give him a bottle then put him in his crib. But then he doesn't want to sleep! What do I do? Please help!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I never liked the period of time when my kids were in the process of giving up their morning nap. For some reason I always thought it would be like a light switch going on and off, yeah right! Each child was different and I can only tell you that I have no secret formula.
Good luck navigating this one. You'll do great, just remember the water in the tub vs the toilet and feel it out.
On another note, Sam was just back in Bay City for ice rescue training this past week and got to visit with lots of people. Eliza Cortez told him about Joseph's role in helping Mark Samyn come back to church. Please tell him thank you for us. Sam was their home teacher for a short while and I was Janet and Stephanie's visiting teacher for the entire 4 1/2 years we were there. My heart ached so badly for that family, it still does. This piece of joyful information was just what I needed! Thanks Joseph :)
Amy :o)
Ahhh! Mom's worst nightmare! Ethan's never done that, but I've found that whenever he has this awful new habit that makes me stressed and worried, it usually ends up just being a 2-3 week phase. Let's hope this is!
bonk him over the had and knock him out. just kidding of course. I don't know, pray really hard.
i have a sleeping problem as well...how do get them from waking up every 1-2 hours a night? I swear he is worse than a new born...
Angela, let me channel my wealth of knowledge. J/k! Isnt he like almost/barely one? it is a little early yet for giving up that nap but try putting him down an 45 min/hour later. go to 10 instead of 9 and then push back his PM nap a little as well. if that doesnt work, maybe he is just ready for that after lunch nap. thats not so bad cuz usually they will sleep 2-3 hours if they do just one nap. hope this help. ask me if it doesnt and I can give you more in depth ideas.
I would say do an early lunch. Then put him to bed right after that. Hope it gets better for you.
Maybe try stretching him so he only has 1 nap. also, i am HUGE on routine. tHings that are only done right before bed and nap,and no other time. We had to sit in James' room for a while 'cause of separation anxiety. wE didn't talk, touch, or look at him so he didn't get addicted to the attention, and we played primary songs (again with the routine/cues that it was time to sleep). When he went through it, he also got attatched to a bear, and so we only let him have it in his bed. Those worked for us...hope you have some luck!
Post a Comment