Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm a life saver

Since I'm all done nursing (yes!) I can finally donate plasma, and I donated yesterday for the first time. They have a plasma center here in Coralville where you can donate twice a week and earn $300 a month! The donating itself takes about 30-40 minutes, so it works out to be a pretty good situation. They make life-saving pharmecueticals (sp?) out of the plasma in your blood, so really I'm just saving lives by donating twice a week. They even have a supervised play area for kids while the parents donate, so it's like getting free babysitting for Jake! It feels pretty good to be saving lives and paying for your grocery bill at the same time....

Alright, really I just want a fabulous Coach purse. Is that so wrong???

7 comments:

brandandbrit said...

You're so funny! I hope you get your coach purse soon!

Zepp Family said...

I use to love giving plasma. It was set aside time where I basically could do nothing else but read. Although, beware of those infiltrated veins...they're a killer. Also, that metal taste you get in the mouth when the blood returns is kinda creepy as well.

But here, here to Coach purses!

Sarah and Wes said...

You could have just asked, and I would have brought you back one from the Philippines. That's where I got mine! :D

Jessica Sorensen said...

I want to do that. I didn't know they had babysitting that makes me more likely to go.

Mary and Jake said...

Angela! Be careful with that plasma stuff - i used to do that when I was going to school in Idaho and I passed out on my way home once....which was super embarassing. Make sure you eat before you go so you don't get light-headed! It is definitely a good source of extra money!

Bethany said...

Haha I too hope you get your purse soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Well I would like to go shopping out at the outlets.... so when you want to go get your coach, call me and I will come with you!