Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Messes

I swear that Jake thinks that I clean things up just so he can mess it up again. One of his favorite things to do is take everything out of the desk drawer. He sits on my lap while I'm at the computer and one by one takes everything out of the drawer. He looks at it for a second, sometimes puts it in his mouth, then throws it on the floor. Within a couple of minutes, the entire contents of the right drawer are emptied out onto the floor beneath him. When he sees that there is nothing left in the drawer, he looks at me with those "what am I going to do now?" eyes, and I have no choice but to lean over and pick it all up. So he can do it again. And again. And yet again. Is this how it is going to be until he leaves the house for college? I'm in for it.

7 comments:

Jed said...

Spencer's thing is to pull all the movies down, open each case and then play with it. I've cleaned those up about 500 times by now.

Tawnya said...

That was me leaving a comment, not jed, sorry.

Zepp Family said...

Oh no, Jake's mess making days will come to an end if you want them to at around 18 months...that's when you begin making him clean up after himself.

Liv use to throw her food from her high chair and I never made a big deal about it, but I did insist that SHE clean it up. She got the idea pretty quickly (you know cleaning up messes sucks)and it hasn't been a problem since :)

Mindy said...

Sounds like a curious little boy :) Curiosity leads to learning, so he's well on his way to being a genius, like his Angenius mom!

ade said...

You are such a good mommy taking advantage of all these priceless memories:) I remember those days of picking up just so they could dump it out again...Enjoy every moment!!

Love ya,
Adrianne

ade said...

You are such a good mommy taking advantage of all these priceless memories:) I remember those days of picking up just so they could dump it out again...Enjoy every moment!!

Love ya,
Adrianne

Bethany said...

Angela you look so great! I love you!