So I had an interesting conversation with my sister-in-law Abby today. It went something like this:
Abby - "Isaac had a hard day today."
Me - "So did Jacob, he had a fever."
"He did!? Was it bad?"
"Not that bad, just about 101.6 or something"
"Oh man, how do they even measure something like that?" (Before I got a chance to respond to this seemingly obvious question) "...Did you take him into the hospital?"
"No, I looked in my family medical book and it says that you don't need to unless they're under 3 months old"
"Really? That's so strange! I would have thought that you would take them into the hospital for something like that."
"Well, it wasn't really that bad and he didn't have any other symptoms so I just kept him home."
"Does he get them a lot?"
"Not really, he's had maybe 3 or 4 so far, just mostly when he gets a cold or something."
"And you've never taken him to the hospital?"
"Well, they've never been bad enough to take him to the doctor, much less the hospital."
"Wait...did you say Jake has a FEVER?!"
"Yeah..."
"I thought you said SEIZURE!!"
No wonder she was so concerned!! I'm glad we got that cleared up.
4 comments:
oh abby I love you!!!
I was reading this and thinking she knows my kids get temps way higher than that sometimes around 103 and they never go to the dr.
This made me giggle thanks!
Abby told me about that after she got off the phone with you! Hahah!
What a difference a few letters make!
That's pretty funny! I was wondering where that story was going! Ah, you gotta love misunderstandings :)
Post a Comment