Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Dougherty" Donuts

While we're on the subject of Jake's eating habits, I thought I would share with you another little story and picture. Our good friends the Metcalfs went to Utah for Spring break and brought us back some chocolate-chocolate Dunford doughnuts! Since they knew that my great-great (or is it great-great-great?) grandparents started the business and my last name has changed from "Dunford" to "Dougherty" they presented us with some chocolate-chocolate "Dougherty" doughnuts! This is a picture of Jake after he finished eating his very first doughnut:
I was only giving him little bites and he kept signing for more and more until finally he had eaten about half the doughnut. I'm a sucker, whenever he signs it's so cute that I just give him what he wants. He certainly loved it! Thanks again Jamison and Taysia!

P.S. Yes, Bethany, we did get a "new" highchair. We actually picked it up from good will for about $5, and took it home and cleaned it up so it was good as new. Not a bad deal, huh!

4 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

mmmm. I still have one of those left, but i think i'll eat it now. those are the best.

Whitney Seaberg said...

My friend Nicole's brother Tony married a girl who's family name was Dunford. Jennie is her first name. Wonder if you guys are related? She lives in Utah. She is under Jen and Tone on my blog

Zepp Family said...

My mouth is watering now. Wish I was there with you Jake.... throwing back donuts!

Mindy said...

Ha ha - I remember when you told us about Dunford Donuts one time at Customer Accounts! Oh, the memories... It looks like little Jake enjoyed that donut :)