Thursday, October 22, 2009

Utah! Can I get a what-what?!

Ok, you don't have to tell me, the title of this post is lame, I know. But, that's what happens when I find myself totally reverted back into the college life. I HAD SO MUCH FUN!

The great thing about this trip was that for the first time ever I was totally unencumbered by baby (don't worry, I love him dearly) and since Joseph was back at home, it was like I was a single lady all over again (don't worry, I love him dearly also).
The whole purpose of the trip was to see one of my best friends from college get married, and she was absolutely radiant.
Everything about the wedding was beautiful. Then of course, I was able to see some of my wonderful college friends. These ladies are DA BOMB! (again with the lingo, I know...)

We all had a get-together that first night I was in town. I love that 6 years after we met we're still tight.

Dancing the night away at Elena's reception!
So, it's funny that in Iowa a lot of my close friends are BLONDE, but in Utah, I'm known as the "blonde friend" because everyone else is brunette (except for Kyna who is a beautiful auburn red). And, let's be honest, I probably more than deserve the title of "blonde friend!"
Old roomies!! I love this girl!!!
Also, I may or may not have busted the zipper on this dress after Elena's reception (I definitely did). I was either getting my dance on like crazy or maybe I ate too much. Probably both.

After the wedding, my grandma put together a special cousins dinner where almost of my cousins that were out in the Provo area were able to get together. There were about 15 of us there. We forgot to get a picture until after a lot of them had left, but these are the ones that stayed for games. Sorry, it's kind of dark...

Finally, I was able to see some of my old friends from when I was a kid! We're all grown up now, but we still have a blast together!


I also got to see Mary and Heather, two more of my friends from high school (whom I also love dearly) but, unfortunately, we forgot to take pictures. Heather accompanied me on my first Ikea experience EVER. Amazing.

The trip to Utah seemed too short, but I was also glad to get back to Jake in Michigan. I'm pretty sure he didn't miss me, though. He was having way too much fun with Grandma. When I got back, I had totally lost my voice, which I'm pretty sure is due, in part, to my overactive vocal chords over the past week, as well as a cold. I came home to a very sick Jake, who is having terrible diapers and throwing up all over the place. We're trying to get on the mend over here, but it sure is nice to be back.

8 comments:

Abby said...

I didn't know you were going to wear the dress again. You could have kept the necklace. It looks like you had fun! Abby

Tawnya said...

Come back to your non-blonde friends in Iowa! I had a dream last night that you came back to your real home in Iowa. It was awesome. I miss ya.

Ben and Anna said...

Awww. I miss you Midland girls!!

Genevieve said...

how fun!! it would be so fun to see all the girls again...

Sarah and Wes said...

Yeah!! She sure was beautiful! Thanks for the phone pix, I SO appreciated them. Also, I busted up so hard laughing when I read your comment about being the "blonde friend" and when you said you busted the zipper on your dress by dancing or eating too much. PAH! Miss you girl.

Elaine said...

So much fun to see you! I love that whenever we get together it doesn't seem like years since we've seen each other. I can't believe it has been six years since freshman year. I hope another 2 years doesn't go by before I see you again!

Kyna said...

I didn't know you busted your zipper... your wedding dress is a goner... unless you want to pay to fix the zipper. :) So much fun to see you!! I feel special being the beautiful auburn red head in your pictures. Come back soon!!

Valerie said...

Hey Angela! It sounds like you had a wonderful get away! It was really good to see you! We must get together next time we are in the same city!