The penny horsey ride - Ok, this one isn't around here, but when we were visiting my parents in Michigan recently we let Jake ride the horse at the grocery store. I'm not sure why, but the cost of riding this horse has never gone up. It is only 1 cent! Who knew one penny could bring so much joy?
Family Fun Night - The children's museum and carousel in the mall are totally free on the last Friday of the month. A madhouse for sure, but free!
Gymnastics meet - Joseph and I went on a date the other night to a gymnastics meet. I'm in love with gymnastics, and it was free for students and $3 for me! A date for $3, can't beat that!
Tot Lot - Totally fun! It's just a big gym that they put a bunch of bikes and balls and those blow-up jumping things all over and let the kids run wild! It's awesome, and just a little over $1! Here's a little video of Jake riding one of the toys there:
We've also done play-doh, played with the snow, and watched lots of train movies. I've become a personal expert on diesel-electric trains and how they convert energy to power the engine. I know you're jealous.
I am not, and can assure you that I never will be, a fan of Iowa winters. They are bitterly cold and way too long. However, I am learning to adapt. Thanks again for all your suggestions, and we look forward to trying more of them!
P.S. I LOVE GYMNASTICS! I was a gymnast when I was younger, and even though I may have lost my mad skills over the years, I haven't lost my love of the sport. If anyone around here ever wants to go to a meet with me PLEASE let me know! I would love love love that, especially on those nights that my husband is out of commission due to studying...or just any night, really...
8 comments:
OK OK, next time I will go! it did sound fun, just not the part where I looked homeless and sick. (when i'm neither)
ya, i'll go with you too. one of my favorite things to do is watching you go crazy with excitement. i'll pay $3 to see that.
Oh my gosh, what a cool idea for a date night! How fun! I never would've thought of that!
I want to!! I LOVE going to gymnastics meets. I don't have any skill but can appreciate other peoples!
I'll come watch gymnastics with you! Hey does Jake fall over at the end of the second movie? Cause when it ends, he's sort of tilting. I love and miss you soooo much!
Free is fun!!! Miss ya!
Angela, wished I lived closer to you so I could go to a gymnastic meet! I love going to them and reliving my gymnastic days too! It would be so fun to go with you, I know we would get way too excited and way too loud! Love and miss you!
What a super, fun, savvy saving Mama/wife you are!
Congrats, you actually made Iowa seem like a fun place to live! Just kidding, to those who do love it there...to each their own.
Jake is still cute as ever:)
XOXOXOX
Post a Comment