Monday, January 25, 2010

This and that

Jake is cracking me up lately. He's learning all sorts of new words, and trying to put phrases together, but not quite succeeding. Yesterday, we were coming home from church and he saw one of his books that I had in my hand. He pointed at it and said, "This?" I took it to mean that he wanted "this" book that I had in my hand, so I said to him, "Jake, do you want this?" pointing to the book. He told me that yes, he did, so I gave it to him, whereupon he exclaimed, "Hi, This!!"

Same thing happened later, except this time he was pointing at an orange that was in the fruit bowl. "This?" he asked, pointing to the orange. I answered saying, "Would you like that?" and pointed to the orange. He nodded yes, so I gave it to him, and then again he exclaimed, "Hi, That!!"

Haha, it makes me laugh, but at the same time I am astonished at how much kids pick up and learn. I love watching Jake learn new things and I just get so excited every time he says a new word or understands a new concept. One of the greatest things about being a mom is watching your child grow. I love it.

3 comments:

Melissa H. said...

ha ha ha ha That is an awesome story! I hope i get to meet him someday!

Tawnya said...

That is soo awesome! I love it!

Bethany said...

Hahaha that is hilarious!! I can totally see it. I miss you so much!! I think I'm coming to visit you this summer before we go to the family reunion. Excited??