Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brrrrr....

I usually love Iowa. However, we have had unbelievably cold weather here lately and it's kicking my butt! Let me give you the rundown:

Jan 8: High 7, low -4

Jan 9: High 6, low -11

Jan 10: High 21, low -15

And this is BEFORE the windchill. Finally, yesterday on Jan 11, we stayed in the positive digits with a high of 22 and low of 14. Joseph and I both noted how nice it felt it past two days, and then I realized that something was seriously wrong if temperatures in the low 20's felt wonderful. And this is only the last four days. This frigid, negative degree weather has been going on since Christmas! On Jan 2 we had a high of 1! What the heck???
The snow has been beautiful, I will give that to Iowa. One of the things that I love about winter is playing in the snow. Before the temperatures got so frigid (before Christmas that is) we all went out and played in the snow together. I think I lasted two minutes, then I decided it was my motherly duty to go inside and make hot chocolate for the troops. Joseph and Jake lasted about 10 minutes out there, but it was so fun to watch these two play together.
This was taken while I was still outside with the boys:
And these are through the window:
Wish us luck in thawing out here in this crazy midwest weather!!

5 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again. i don't think the good lord intended anyone to inhabit iowa in the winter time.

Genevieve said...

brrr!!! its making me shiver just reading that...

Bethany said...

It's been (relatively) cold here in Mexico City but every time I want to complain, I think of you : ) Miss you!

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

Simple warm up solution....come back to us in Texas. Spent 3 hours outside today due to the 70 degrees!

eliza and christopher said...

That Santa looks like my cousin. Is that Brian Hartley?