We had a ball at our ward Easter activity! It was mostly just a social gathering, with the Easter story being told to the kids and some games for the adults. Joseph volunteered to play "chubby bunny" along with about 7 other people. For the offchance that there is anyone in the blogosphere who didn't learn how to play this game in 3rd grade, let me explain. It's really quite simple. The premise is that you shove as many marshmallows into your mouth as you can, and the person who can get in the most while still being able to audibly and distinctly say "chubby bunny" is the winner. Ahhh...brings back the memories, doesn't it?
Here they are putting their first marshmallows in.
Jake was glued to Joseph the entire time.
Joseph ended up taking 3rd. He says he could have gotten more in his mouth but one of the other contestants made him laugh too hard trying to say "chubby bunny." I don't know if I believe him though, his cheeks were reminiscent of an obese chipmunk. Third still won him a free frosty at Wendy's though!
Jake loved the easter egg hunt. It was his first time ever finding easter eggs, and I'm sure you can imagine his joy when he found that there was candy inside!
I got Jake this Elmo easter basket last year when the stores were having their after easter sales. He loves it!
Our Easter day was spent with Joseph's parents in Grinnell. We watched General Conference and enjoyed an incredible Easter feast. All in all it was a great weekend!
P.S. Jake is obsessed with Joseph's yellow Hawkeye hat. He's rarely seen without it on anymore. Even inside. Go Hawks!
3 comments:
Glad I read your blog today...the chubby bunny story reminded me that I forgot to give the girls their Peeps I've had hidden in the pantry. Yeah, they actually love those things.
Easter sounded like fun for the J-Doc family.
Miss and love you guys,
Sis
ohh that is funny...good stuff!
Jake is getting so big. Hope to see you guys this summer in Utah.
Love ya,
Adrianne
Jake is huge! He looks awesome in Joseph's hat, who is very nice to let Jake wear it so much. Miss you and love you!
Post a Comment