Oh boy. Here we are. You ladies who have been pregnant know exactly what I'm talking about. I've officially entered that totally awkward phase where you don't look pregnant, just bigger. My pants are starting to get too tight, but maternity pants are still way too big to be in the picture. Dressing will be impossible for the next few weeks. The next step is to take down all the mirrors in my house because I just end up trying to suck in that ever-growing midsection, of course, in vain.
I remember being in this phase FOREVER with Jake. I almost cried the day that someone asked me where the maternity section in Old Navy was. Her boyfriend said something like, "How would she know? She doesn't work here," and the girl responded, "Yeah, but look at her, she's pregnant, she would know!" Literally, it was one of the happiest days of my life to know that total strangers could tell that I really was pregnant! Second only to the day Jake was born and I wasn't pregnant anymore! Haha, just kidding.
Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to get through this totally blah stage with grace and style? I mean, I know it's not like I had a ton of that before I got pregnant, but now all I want to wear is sweatpants and a t-shirt! Yuck!
12 comments:
not that i've been through this before but I would imagine that your best bet would be summer dresses or those biggest baggie shirts that are in these days! Also maybe skirts with elastic so they have some stretching room. But this is also coming from someone with no pregnancy experience. Good luck!
Have you done the rubber banding your pants together yet? Target (other people probably have it but I saw it at target) has this belly band that is supposed to work great for 'holing your unbuttoned/snapped pants up while creating a lovely 'layered' look of a white shirt underneath. I haven't tried it but it looks great in the package :)
A little clarification. You put the rubber band through the hole side of the pants (thread it through itself so it stays 'hooked') and then hook the other end around your button. It gives you a few extra inches depending on the size of the rubber band.
my sister and sister in law swear by their bella bands. my sister-in-law wore her's with her non-maternity/pre-pregnancy jeans up until she delivered! i haven't tried it but plan too next time around. that stage is the worst! i remember when i had just entered that awkward stage with madilyn and i ran into a lady from a gym that i had used to go to. and she looked me up and down and said to me- so uh, you still working out at all? i almost cried and couldn't tell her that i was pregnant fast enough! and i lived in non-maternity empire waist shirts. oh and fold over yoga stuff from old navy (skirts and capris) are fantastic! good luck!!
I liked using the belly band when I was still fitting into my pants. Haha.. But I still feel like I'm in that stage at 25 weeks b/c my chest is keeping up with my belly. My chest just really needs to stop getting bigger!!
Oh ha ha good luck. I hated this stage. But at least you are pregnant! I am in that stage and I am not even pregnant anymore!
Just wear a sign on your belly that says, "I'm not fat! I'm pregnant!" that's what I did. jk
I have some gaucho pants from target that I love. I also use the belly band. Eliza recommended it. She used it her whole pregnancy.
I have a bella band-you can borrow it if you'd like. also, I had bigger pants I wore. I was so excited to be pregnant I started wearing maternity pants ASAP, even when they were too big, because I just loved that I was pregnant.
I think the best thing to wear at this stage is TIGHT shirts, too. Then people will know you are pregnant. Obviously, your tiny everywhere else so it makes it more obvious your pregnant and not big. or shirts with empire waists.
Just wear an abbiya! :) I'm sure you look great no matter what and this will pass quickly.
Don't have any good advice for you, but just know that I think you're beautiful no matter what size and proportions you are. Love you and miss you!!
I very much used the rubber band technique until the maternity pants fit....and I also just ate a lot so there'd be no doubt. :)
Post a Comment