Sunday, October 31, 2010

I can't hear you!

Lately, Jake has been pulling what my sister-in-law affectionately coined "the ear-muffs": when he has done something wrong and he knows you're going to say something about it, he simply puts his hands over his ears and pretends like he can't hear you. He also does it when he just doesn't like what you're saying to him.

For example, yesterday morning I was getting ready for the day when all of the sudden Jake came running into the bathroom and stood in front of me with his hands over his ears. Knowing this means that he has done something he knows he's not supposed to do, I went around the house looking for the disaster. What I found was no disaster at all, just a half eaten apple on the table that he had gotten out of the fridge and started eating. The funny thing about this is that I really don't scold him for doing that, I usually just say something like, "Jake, next time ask mommy if you want an apple." But he knows...

Another example is when we tell him that he can't have dessert until he eats his dinner first. It's like he thinks that if he can't hear that we said something, then it was never said at all! Nice try buddy!!!

This picture was taken at the same time as the "ear-muff" picture...I just love this kid!

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

i love kids and what they think will work!! madilyn will sometimes put her fingers just directly in her ears :) he's a smart cookie!!

ade said...

I don't think he could be any cuter - love that picture of him posing for the camera. He will be a great "older" brother. So excited for baby#2...hope you are feeling good.

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

Jake looks so cute!! Wish he didn't hate me! Ha
Bec

Zepp Family said...

I'm sure you're getting to the point where it's not so humorous ....but from my distance it doesn't get much funnier then to see Jake ear muff it! What a personality! He really is just too dang cute to scold isn't he?

Elliott Family said...

Jake is getting so big. Love your blogs. You did a great job on your Halloween costumes. Stay healthy. Take care. Miss and Love you guys.
The Elliott's
P.S. We updated our blog.