Thursday, November 4, 2010

Holy heartburn!! (and a rare picture)

Oh. my. gosh. I think I'm dying. I can hardly breathe anymore and my back is killing me, but I think it's the heartburn that's really going to do me in during this pregnancy. I don't remember it being this bad with Jake. Maybe I just have a bad memory...or maybe I'm just more of a wuss these days. Actually, I think that I am just carrying "in" more, and this baby must be squishing all of my insides!!

This has been going on for a while, and my midwife told me to take 20 mg of Pepcid AC twice a day. So, I followed the doctor's orders and went and bought some, but it really only worked for about 3 hours before I was starting to really feel it again. I decided to talk to my midwife again and see if there was anything else she could do for me. She went ahead and gave me a prescription, which I filled, came home, and compared it to the Pepcid AC I already had. Turns out she just prescribed me the generic brand of Pepcid AC!!! It's the SAME THING. 20 mg and all!!! What the heck??

On a happier note, I decided that I should redact the statement that I will never have pictures taken of me to document my pregnancy. I've just had that urge!! So, for all of you who have been asking, here ya go:

33 weeks

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look AMAZING!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet this little man! Let me know if you need anything!

Ben and Anna said...

I don't know why you don't like your prego pics! Take away! you are stinkin cute, and when you're done with being prego, you'll wish you had those pictures!

Jared & Tristan said...

How could you not like taking prego pics when you look SO GOOD?!?!
Sorry about the heartburn, hope that gets better for you.

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, a picture of you pregnant!! Now that's something I never thought i'd see! You do look great, and I remember heartburn, it was so not fun. Good luck I hope it gets better!

Valerie said...

I like it and I like you!

Melissa H. said...

Atta girl!!!! ha ha ha, j/k but I love it! I am so sorry about the heartburn, that is something I am definitely familiar with, just probably not at the level you are experiencing. I will keep my ears open for good remedies or something. Miss you!

Zepp Family said...

WHERE. IS. YOUR. BELLY? You are looking good...wish you were feeling the same. Sorry about the heartburn. That is always the worst part of pregnancy for me too. But, the babe is ALMOST here so it will be over soon!

kim said...

33 Weeks my BUTT girl! You look SO GOOD! Who can wear skinny jeans at 33 weeks... umm only you:). Yuck Heartburn is the worst, I am so sorry. Blah. We miss you guys! Hope all is well. Oh and YES Lion King was SO GREAT! Kallie loved it.

Tawnya said...

You do NOT look that far along! You look so good!!!! And your midwife sounds like a real winner...

Chelsea said...

Ask your midwife for some prevacid. i got it with Ethan and it SAVED me!

Mallory Stoker said...

You look great! And I feel for you, pregnancy is rough.