When Jake was born, I was so shell-shocked that I didn't fully appreciate the miracle that an infant is. And then, before I knew it, he wasn't an infant anymore. Of course, he was a baby and doing all kinds of cool tricks like cooing and crawling (and even smiling at me!), but I feel like those first months with Jake were so busy spent with me adjusting to motherhood that I failed to simply take in and appreciate having a newborn. I wish I could get those first few months with Jake back.
This time around is completely different. I know what to expect. I went into this knowing that I need to go to bed at 7:00 in order to get a combined total of 8 hours of sleep by the time morning comes! I've already made that adjustment to motherhood, so adding another child isn't the same shock to my system. And now, I absolutely love having a newborn infant. I love to just sit and hold him and look at him. I am trying desperately to take it all in because I know that this is the stage that goes by the fastest (in fact, I've already noticed that he's starting to lose that "newborn" look.) Of course, that means that the dishes tend to pile up in the sink and the laundry has to practically yell, "Put me in the wash!" before I get up to do it. I'm truly embarrassed by the state of our bathroom and blogging has taken a little bit of a backseat, but our family has loved all over this little guy since the moment he was brought into our home. And right now, I think that's the most important thing we can do. 


10 comments:
he is so sweet! i'm glad to hear that its been a good adjustment to having 2... i'm a little worried :)
Oh, I want to be there!! I'm glad you're doing well. Love you!
I think you have got your priorities right on track! Who wouldn't want to hold him all day?!?!
AMEN! A dirty house can always get clean again, but you can't ever get those moments back. Way to go for figuring it out on #2 and not #11 :)
Yay! I agree with you! Just take it all in and enjoy it! I've even been trying to make sure that I do that with West. Sometimes I get caught up in making sure everything is clean and finished. But I want to make sure that I spend a lot of time playing with West. He's growing like a weed! Eli is so so cute!
He is SOO cute! And I love that you go to bed so early so you can get enough sleep. Life is so much better when well rested...
Babies are such a nice way to start people!
We miss him so much already. He really is something special. We can only hope to be blessed with such a handsome and good tempered baby boy come May!
Love you all xoxoxo
Ohh! Wish I would've figured out what you already have by the time we had our 2nd!
Great work! And that little Eli looks just like his dad!
Ohh goodness, I am so excited to see him this Summer. He is so dang precious. So glad you guys are all happy and well - keep enjoying those darling boys...before you know it they will be teenagers:)
Love you,
Adrianne
What a sweet little fellow! I think the best thing in the world is to hold your own little baby...You have a beautiful family...Congratulations!
Post a Comment