I love books, especially children's books, and I love to read them aloud to my kids. One of my favorite parts of each day is sitting on the couch with Jake and having him bring me book after book to read to him. A few weeks ago my friend invited me to an Usborne Books and More party that she was hosting in her home. I went to it having never even heard of Usborne before. While I was there I fell in love with the company and the incredible quality of educational children's books that they produce. I was completely sucked in, and ended up leaving the party as an Usborne Books and More consultant!!
I am pretty much obsessed with these books right now. I want all of them!! I love how they entice the child to read, and are so much fun that the he doesn't even realize how much he's learning! The more I learn about these books, the more I love them. I really could go on and on, but at the risk of saying the word "love" one too many times, I decided to just make a different Usborne business blog where I can ramble to my heart's content.
My mom hosted my very first party while I was in Michigan. I really wanted people that I knew to be at my first party because I was SUPER nervous! It went really well, though, and I had a great time sharing different books with people. I also came away with lots of ideas to make things better for the next time around.
This is something that I've really gotten passionate about. The future of our country depends on the education and literacy of our children (I'm having a flashback of Miss Teen South Carolina right now.) I truly believe that every child should be surrounded by good books, and I am so excited to get all kinds of great Usborne books in my home and share them with others!
I also decided to work on getting my educational consultant license so I can work with schools and libraries on book fairs, pledge programs, matching grants, etc. If you'd like to check out the books, you can see my website: www.myubam.com/L3659. I also am putting a link to my new Usborne blog on the sidebar. It's a new blog, so there's not a whole lot on there right now, but hopefully I'll get lots of good stuff going on soon. Yay for good books!
2 comments:
Way to go, Angela! Good luck in your new venture. If you LOVE it, which you obviously do, you will succeed! I had tons of their stuff when my own kids were younger, and I totally agree...their products are wonderful!
J.A.
Yay!! We love books too!! Hope that this will be fun and work out well for you!
Post a Comment