Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter festivities...or lack thereof

Jake woke up with a fever on Saturday morning, so that put the kaibosh on our Easter festivities that were planned for the day. Instead of going to our church's Easter activity, we held our own activity at home.
We decided to decorate hard-boiled eggs (albeit without using dye...probably one of the smartest decisions I've made in a while) and commenced in one of our favorite Easter traditions introduced to us by the Andersons: Easter Wars. I know, it sounds like an oxy-moron, and the actual activity is much less brutal than it sounds. All that happens is that each person decorates their own hard-boiled egg and then you make a bracket. Two people hit their eggs against each other and whichever one doesn't crack advances to the next round. Since we had a grand total of three people competing in our egg wars, it lasted a total of 5 seconds and Joseph won. It was a little anti-climactic.
After our egg wars, Jake wanted to eat his egg, so we let him peel it. He kept telling us he was hatching his egg!
The next morning, Jake found his Easter basket (as well as Eli's for that matter) and enjoyed the goodies he got.
Even though Jake was sick, we still had a nice Easter spent as a family and are especially grateful for the meaning behind the festivities - the resurrection of our Savior. What a wonderful day!
P.S. Did you notice that Joseph got his braces off?? I often catch myself staring at his perfect smile. He is so handsome!!!

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Happy Easter! Missed you on Saturday! hope jake is feeling better.

Bethany said...

Keeping the traditions alive! Awesome. And so are Jake's pajamas.

Abby said...

Sounds like fun...this is what I want to do next year! It sounds like lots and lots of fun!

http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/2011/04/diy-party-confetti-egg-game.html

I found it too late this year. Plus, we are so busy moving it has seemed impossible to do anything...Love ya

ade said...

Jake is so stinking cute I can't stand it - Can't wait to meet Eli...
Miss ya!