Sunday, May 22, 2011

Colorado bound

Joseph and I just found out that we're going to be doing his 4th year dental externship in Colorado! We're going to be living out of a suitcase for a month in an extended stay hotel in the Denver area, and we couldn't be more excited! I think Joseph is mostly excited for regular 9-5 hours. I'm excited for outings at the zoo, hikes (maybe?), museums, and all the other cool things that Denver has to offer. We leave the end of July and will be back in Iowa the end of August.

All this talk of 4th year externships means that (I'm about to state the obvious) we're almost 4th years (and yes, I do mean we.) It means that the end of our time in school is coming ever-closer and that light and the end of the tunnel is growing ever-brighter. It feels like the time has been going by so fast...but at the same time it seems like FOREVER ago that he was just starting dental school. I'm starting to get really excited for what the future has to offer.

Anyway, for those of you who may live/lived in/visited Denver, let me know the absolute MUSTS that should be on our list to do while we're there. We could use some pointers and insider tips. Yeehaw!! (Does Denver have cowboys? Probably not...)

10 comments:

Genevieve said...

congrats on being 4th years!! (and yay for denver! :))

Dano said...

Woo-hoo! Are you sure you can't go earlier? :) We're going to be there July 9-18 visiting Dano's family. Could we really be that close to missing each other?!! We'll be excited to hear where your permanent residence will be!

Melissa said...

Obviously that was me making the comment. I can't read the Arabic to know I'm not the one signed in. Hee...hee!

Rachel said...

You should have Joseph talk to Brett Schow, they did a GPR there (i'm pretty sure)before they came back here last year. They may have some great info.

Rachel said...

PS. Denver is exciting. Derek got the CR and Special Care externships so we'll be here forever. and he's not doing them until the very end of the year, either. Have fun in CO!

Bethany said...

No, but they do have Broncos. Have fun there!

Tawnya said...

ok seriously...all this talk of almost being one is making me want to cry!

Ben and Anna said...

well, if you get bored, we live an hour north of Denver! I hear the zoo is great, and there are lots of hikes just west of Denver. The temple's beautiful! Estes park is fun (but a little drive from Denver)!

Jessica Sorensen said...

We almost too a job in denver, but instead we are moving to AZ. Have fun in Denver.

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay!!!! That's awesome!!!