Joseph and I had our very first parent teacher conference on Friday. Such a milestone for us as parents, and for some reason I was so nervous! I didn't know what to expect or even how these things work. I was especially terrified that there were going to say something along the lines of, "Really? You think that you can put that terror child into preschool? Get him out of here!" or even worse, "So THIS is where he gets it..." All of my fears were put to rest, however, when we walked in and saw Mrs. Heithoff's welcoming smile (I see why Jake loves her).
We were so pleasantly surprised to hear that Jake is apparently a model student at preschool (or do they just say that to everyone?) Mrs. Heithoff told us that she absolutely adores having him in her classroom and that he is adjusting really well. She actually went on and on about what a great kid he is, how he follows directions, is kind to other children, etc. To be honest, I couldn't believe we were talking about the same child. It makes me so happy to hear that Jake is well behaved for other adults, even if he has to let loose when he's at home and occasionally makes me want to pull my hair out. I'd rather have it that way than the other. Love this crazy kid!

4 comments:
Jake, you are awesome and so are your parents!! Great job everyone & good luck with school.
I felt so nervous too! And then after it was over I have been having a hard time feeling old!! But Jake really is a sweetheart!
I have the BIGGEST smile on my face, Ariel! History repeats itself!!!!!!
Yay!! That's awesome!
Post a Comment