Friday, January 6, 2012

Home again


I'm back!  And what a vacation!  I hope that you all had as wonderful a Christmas break as I had.  We went to Michigan this year and had Christmas with my side of the family.  It has been about 4 years since we've been in Michigan for Christmas so you can imagine how excited I was (answer: very!) In fact, I really have too much to blog about, so I'm just going to give a quick snapshot of what our Christmas looked like.

There was lots of trains being played with cousins:

Lots of chillin' with aunts, uncles, and grandparents:






In fact, there was lots of just chillin' in general:


We ate LOTS of food:

We read stories:

We opened gifts:

Had LOTS to clean up from opening gifts:

 We went to the Midland Santa House:

We tried unsuccessfully to take one decent family picture:

 Grandma and Jake built a snowman:



We built a gingerbread train:

Eli enjoyed watching the action, as well as getting the occasional taste of frosting:

We celebrated Eli's Birthday (can you tell he was fascinated with that candle?):






Finally, we rang in the New Year with each other (minus Joseph who had to spend his break pulling teeth at the dental school.)

It was great being able to spend time with my family.  We miss them already!  No wonder we all love Christmas.  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

10 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Sounds like a great holiday!!!! I can't believe that Eli is one!

BWei said...

So fun to see cousins and pics of your parents whom I haven't seen in ages. I told Clara they were her second cousins and she said, "Why are they, Mama?" :-) Looks like a lovely Christmas.

Bethany said...

There are so many details I love about these pictures, too many to list, but my favorite detail is probably Matt randomly hunching over in the group photo...

Lauren and Travis McDougal said...

I love the family photo. It's way cute. Glad you guys had a great Christmas!

Effie said...

What fun pictures! What a fun family you are from. We miss the holiday games at the Dunford home!

Effie said...

What fun pictures! What a fun family you are from. We miss the holiday games at the Dunford home!

brandandbrit said...

You have such a cute family! It looks like it was a fun Christmas!

Zepp Family said...

So much fun! I love that you got to make snowmen. We have yet to receive snow this winter, and we just can't stand it! The boys are as cute, cute as can be. How bout that ONE year old! Happy Birthday Eli. Love you mucho. xoxoxox

Melissa said...

Can we please, puuhhhleease come to your house next Christmas?!!! I just love your family and seeing all of these great pics makes me miss them more. Glad you had such a fun vacation. (whose has crutches?)

ade said...

How fun. You have been busy traveling the country with those darling boys - What a blessing to be able to spend the hoildays with your family....looks like so much fun. Can't believe Eli is one already. Happy New Year - hope to see you guys soon!!