On Thursday at noon I texted my dad and said, "Hey, I know you have tomorrow off of work, how about you take the afternoon off today so you and mom can come visit us for the Easter weekend?" To my utter surprise, about an hour later my mom called me and said they were on their way!! In a matter of minutes they had dropped everything and made the ten hour drive to visit us in Iowa. I love those guys...
Anyway, we packed our weekend with fun activities for everyone. We started with an egg hunt with a bunch of friends from church.
Eli enjoyed having Grandma help him find a few eggs.
The kids and all their loot.
Loving us some Grandma and Grandpa time.
Next we went to the American Gothic house in Eldon, IA, which is about 15 minutes from us. It's shameful that we haven't been there yet. They were having an egg roll and a bunch of other Easter activities, so we decided to check it out. Due to weather, they had to move the activities inside the library. By the time we got there, Eli had fallen asleep in the car so he obviously didn't come inside. Jake only wanted to do the egg roll. He whacked his egg as fast as he could across the line, won, got his loot, and wanted to leave immediately. Alright.
Even though the weather was bad, we at least wanted to check out the American Gothic museum. By the time we had been through, the weather had cleared up a bit and I convinced everyone to dress up and take pictures! (It wasn't hard to convince my parents. Joseph, on the other hand...well, he was a good sport.)
My dad missed the memo that this was a smiley picture.
We also went to a few other parties, had Easter dinner, bought and built a bunk bed for Jake and went to church. Whew! We loved having the too fast visit, and can't wait for another.







5 comments:
I just love this post and I love your parents Angela! I'm so glad that you had a Happy Easter. We love you guys!
So glad your parents made the trip!! Love you guys and can't wait to see you in MAy...yahoo.
Fun! What fun parents!
So, you look just like your mom.
ha! I love that pic of you and your dad! I laughed when I saw it, and then I remembered how much I like your dad:)
Post a Comment