Sunday, March 24, 2013

Turning 30 - dun dun dun....

It's birthday month at the Dougherty household.  Joseph hit the big 3-0 milestone this weekend!  For weeks I've been thinking about what to do for his birthday and I wasn't having much luck.  Finally, a friend reminded me that Kansas City was hosting a bunch of the the NCAA March Madness games over his birthday weekend.  I called my sister-in-law Eliza and we hatched up a plan to surprise our husbands with a trip up to Kansas City to watch the games.  We dropped off the kids at our besties house in St. Joseph (thanks again, guys!!!) so it was just the four adults.  It was a BLAST!  The guys were so surprised.  We had so much fun together, and what better way to spend your birthday than with the one you've shared it with from the beginning?  


At breakfast the next morning:


Of course, we didn't get any pictures with all of us together, but isn't that how it usually is?  The more fun you have, the less pictures you take.  Anyway, Happy 30th birthday, boys!!

5 comments:

ade said...

How fun you guys did that for the brothers. They are just as handsome as ever and what amazing women they have married and all those beautiful children that came along... Happy
30th guys!! Love you all and can't wait to see you the end of May.

Tawnya said...

What a good idea!! :) Glad you had so much fun! Happy Birthday Joseph!

Anne Dougherty said...

Awesome! It was fun to see the picture of the two brothers together. You should have heard our kids try to guess which one was which!

Joe'n'Jess said...

I know you all deny it, but i'm still convinced that Joseph and Christopher cried when they saw each other. what a beautiful pretend moment that was. so worth it:)

Zepp Family said...

Fun,fun,fun! Great plan. Great wives. Just love those lil' brothers of mine and my wonderful sister laws too ;) It's hard to believe they are 30!!! It's pretty awesome to think that I am even more proud of them today then I was of them as babies/toddlers (they kind of turned me into a celebrity as a child....you know the lucky girl with the adorable TWIN, baby brothers ;))

Happy 5th Birthday to Jakester! May is just around the corner....
xoxoxoxo