Monday, February 9, 2009

Awesome weekend

I love the weekend. Especially ones like this. We had a great time with both family and friends, and AWESOME weather! What more could a girl ask for? I guess maybe shopping...

First off, as I said before, the weather was beautiful this weekend. It was such a welcome relief from the -20's that we've been experiencing. In the sun it was about 60 degrees!! You just can't beat that in February.

Friday night we went to Texas Roadhouse for some savory steaks. YUM!! Actually, the reason that we went out was because I had tried to donate plasma earlier that day and I couldn't because my iron levels were too low. I was pretty depressed about it, so Joseph suggested that I eat a nice steak, which has two benefits: 1) Steak has plenty of iron to get my levels up and 2) I LOVE to go out to eat (it's one of my absolute favorite things) so that helped my mood in itself. That evening was game night at one of our friends houses. Jake fell asleep there, so it left Joseph and I without having to take care of a baby. It was like date night without having to pay for a babysitter.
Saturday was our $50 plasma donation day. Joseph and I both donated, so that means an extra $100 in our pockets between the two of us. I love donating...

Then after I donated plasma I went to the tanning salon. Please hold your criticism, because I really know how bad it is, but it just feels so GOOD!! My friend and I had coupons for a free week of tanning, so we took advantage and intend to go every day this week. Don't worry, we'll be careful.

On Saturday afternoon Joseph and I went to Grinnell to spend some time with his parents. We enjoyed good food, movies, and company. The weather was so nice that Nana took Jake out for his first walk in months. He loved it. He really loves his Nana and Papa.

We stayed the night in Grinnell, went to church with his parents the next morning, then came home in the afternoon to host a birthday party for Taysia! Here are all the people that we managed to fit in our house:

A couple of funny things about this picture:
1) Please excuse the placement of my hand. I swear I didn't mean to be grabbing Joseph's butt in front of the camera.
2) Robyn is apparently so perfect that the camera caught the halo over her head. She'll probably be translated here any moment.
3) Random cup in the window. Taysia said she did that. Since it's her birthday we'll let it slide.
4) Jessica and Joe look like little midgets in the back corner of the couch, and Jamison, Joseph and I all look like giants.
Happy Birthday Tay-tay!! We love you!! And thank goodness for awesome weekends, they make the weeks a lot more bearable.

5 comments:

TM said...

I had the best birthday ever!! Thanks for hosting it! It was a blast and I couldn't ask for better friends! Thanks again for the awesome birthday bash!

Tawnya said...

You didn't mention anything about Jed's awesome facial expression! Glad you had such a great weekend. Thanks again for having us all at your house!

Joe'n'Jess said...

Im sitting here listening to dr. marshall tell us AGAIN how to search the internet for science literature. fun picture. this was such a party weekend and jess and I loved it

Bethany said...

I can't wait till you guys come! I miss my baby! I mean your baby. Love you!

Unknown said...

I liked your description of the picture with your friends, Angela. It was like your own version of I Spy.