Tuesday, February 3, 2009
My brush with danger
I went to the mall yesterday just to kill some time before Joseph got home from school. I had Jake in the stroller and I was just looking in the windows of the stores to see what kinds of stuff they had when all of the sudden I heard a lot of yelling. I looked up and saw two men running right towards me really fast, one was chasing the other. The guy doing the chasing was the one who was yelling "HEY!!!" and the other guy just kept on running. Of course, being the non-overdramatic person that I am, my first thought was "Oh my gosh, he's got a gun and we're going to die." Instinctively I pulled into the closest store so Jake would be safe and watched the action unfold right in front of me. By the time the two guys had reached where I had been standing, there were a couple more guys who started to chase this kid too. Then out of nowhere a man working in one of the kiosks jumped the counter and tackled this guy as he tried to get past him. It was like something out of the movies. He tackled him and pressed him down to the ground and put his hands behind his back. As I got a closer look at the guy he looked like a teenager. He must have been shoplifting or something like that. It was pretty intense as they took this guy down, and it was funny to watch as the man who took him out went back to work. He had the biggest smile on his face like he was a hero. He certainly has a good story to tell, and lucky for us, I don't think that the kid had a gun afterall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dang it! I always miss the excitement! shoot.
I'm with Rachel, that would have been awesome to see!!!!!!!
Way to go and be a protective mamma! That story is just like in the movies. :)
Post a Comment