Sunday, May 24, 2009

The first of many skinned knees

I am officially the mother of a toddler. No, it wasn't that the number of dirty diapers I have changed has gone from hundreds to thousands. Nor was it the constant stream of "Jake, don't touch that!" coming from my mouth. I officially feel like the mother of a toddler now that I have treated one of these:
Jake's first skinned knee... We were bbq-ing outside the other night and Jake of course was running around as fast as he could go. As fast as he is (and believe me, he's fast!) he isn't quite fast enough to keep up with that rather large head of his, and down to on the cement he tumbled. This was by no means his first fall, but as it was so nice outside he was wearing shorts, and thus it was his first fall on the rough sidewalk with shorts on. I think it is the first of many skinned knees to come from this very active little boy. He was a trooper though. Once I picked him up, dusted him off, and kissed him better, he wanted to get right back into the action, bloody knee and all. He wasn't too happy about me taking him inside to put a band-aid on him. I think his knees will probably be all torn up by the summer's end. The joys of being a mom!!!

2 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Haha, yeah get used to it! What a good mom to kiss it and put a band-aid on it!

Mindy said...

It's fun to celebrate "first's"... even if it's a skinned knee :) Sounds like he bounced right back up afterward, though. Your son is a tough guy!