Thanks guys for all of your comments!! This child safety harness/leash (circle whichever you prefer) debate has caused for some pretty interesting discussion here in the Dougherty household. I tell you what, sometimes this whole "seeing eye to eye" thing is harder than it sounds! However, Joseph and I have come to a solution that we could both live with - I like to call it the Great Compromise. The plan is for me to buy a safety harness for Jake to have on hand
just in case. Joseph wants to try as hard as he can NOT to use it, but if all of us are miserable then that's when we whip out the leash, not for our own sanity, but for Jake's. And so, we both win. Joseph will have to deal with trying to keep Jake happy on his own by not using it unless (or until) he breaks down. Hopefully he succeeds and we won't have to take it out of the package and then we can return it when we get home. But, obviously, we're going to have to wait and see what happens.
And so, in exactly one weeks time we will be with these people:
Going to visit these people:
At this magical place:
And just in case with one of these :

We'll let you know how it goes!!
3 comments:
I think that sounds like a GREAT compromise! Good job guys :) And good luck! I will be very interested to find out how this goes down.
Good compromise. But, what am I going to do without you guys? Waaaa!! :(
Good thought process. I can't wait to see the pictures of Jake enjoying Disney World in the comforts of his leash/harness!
I talked to Ben today and they are equally excited about having you come. We, on the other hand are mostly jealous.
Post a Comment