1. You need to DOUBLE the recipe! I know you're thinking that combining an entire batch of dough will make one ginormous cookie, but you're sadly mistaken. It will make a cookie the size of your fist. Make sure you have enough ingredients before you have to run to the grocery store in the middle of the recipe because you don't have enough butter.
2. The pizza pan that you bake your cookie cake on should NOT have holes on the bottom. They say that holes on the bottom of your pizza pan will make your pizza crispier. This is not true for giant cookies. Instead, the cookie dough will seep through the holes and splatter your oven with soon-to-be charcoal pieces of giant cookie.
3. Find a good frosting recipe - they do not exhist on allrecipes.com. The ones from this supposedly great recipe website do not work. They are runny and not substantial enough to hold their shape. Nor are they fluffy.
Despite these setbacks, this is how my first cookie-cake turned out (sorry, you're going to have to turn your head sideways for this one, for some reason the computer keeps making the picture turn...):
Happy Father's Day, Joseph!! We love you so much, and are so grateful for everything that you do for us.
5 comments:
Looks great and yummy too! I am so disappointed in allrecipes.com now! Oh well. Love you!
That looked great! You are so talented and sweet!
It looks so great! I am so impressed!! Thanks for the tips. You know, in case I ever try it!
OK, now that you tested it out on Joseph, make one for me. I deserve it. I'll take chocolate frosting, thanks.
So, now what do you do about the charcoal cookie drips in your oven? I have some of those myself and have no idea to to unstick them.
Post a Comment