Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lazy days

We enjoyed a wonderful lazy Saturday yesterday. Usually our days are so packed full that we end up running from one activity to the next, but this Saturday was just a breather day. Even Jake got in on some of the lazy action (which is a very rare occurance over here). He woke up on Saturday morning at his usual 7:15 on the dot time slot, then proceeded to join daddy on the couch where they laid (lied? layed? lay? whatever.) down and watched Thomas the Train together. Obviously, Joseph got a little extra sleep while Jake just cuddled with him on the couch. I can't imagine how he could have fallen asleep, seeing as Thomas the Train is so thrilling! At least, it is when you're 20 months old.

P.S. Jake is in love with Thomas the Train. It's the only show that he will watch for longer than 5 minutes at a time. This was something that he discovered while at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Michigan, and he frequently asks for "Choo-choo." I'm pretty sure we spent at least 30 minutes on youtube this afternoon watching different videos of trains. When I finally told him it was time to stop he started sobbing. I can feel the terrible twos coming on fast...

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Those are so sweet! Miss you so much!

Ben and Anna said...

haha! I am the most horrible mom, but I let James watch PBS in bed with me while I sleep an extra 30 minutes until Jay wakes up! It's WONDERFUL!

Tawnya said...

That is so cute!! What a sweet boy!

Sarah and Wes said...

Breather Saturdays are the best!

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

That is the cutest family picture at the top of your blog!
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Anne

ade said...

love those days...miss you guys!!