Jake is saying all kinds of words lately! It's rather adorable, if I do say so myself (which I obviously do) and he is learning new ones every day! He's pretty much stopped babbling for the most part and is pointing out objects and trying to say them. Thus far, he's done a pretty decent job with his sounds. For example, "apple" sounds like "bapple," grandma is "mama," grandpa is "bampa," truck is "wuck" and so on and so on. For the most part, you can tell that he is really trying to make the right sounds. However, there are a few little hiccups in his speech. For example, the word "pacifier" sounds more like "cah-cah," which, oddly enough, is also what he says for applesauce...weird, I know. He also pretty much refuses to say "please," opting for the ASL sign for please and saying "yeah" instead. This is a daily occurance in our household:
Jake: "Du, du, du" (pointing to the juice)
Me: "Jake, do you want some more juice?"
Jake: *big smiles*
Me: "What do you say?"
Jake: "Yeah" (while signing "please")
Me: "Can you say please?"
Jake: "Yeah"
And that's all I get. Joseph and I love all of the things that are coming out of his mouth lately. He's started to say bye-bye to everything: bye-bye mommy, bye-bye daddy, bye-bye pumpkin, bye-bye river, etc. It's so much fun for us to watch our baby grow!
On a sad note, we still have yet to find our camera, so I apologize for the lack of pics. A new camera may have to be an early Christmas present for us, so please be patient and use your imagination until we can get our act together over here!
1 comment:
So cute!! That's crazy that Jake is starting to talk!
Post a Comment