You may be surprised to hear this, but I am a thinker. A HUGE thinker. As in, there is always, always, always something going through my mind. Sometimes I get a little frustrated with Joseph because I'll ask him something along the lines of "What's on your mind right now?" and he usually responds with "nothing." Nothing? Really?? Completely empty??? That's absolutely impossible for me. It's taken me a while to simply accept the fact that sometimes Joseph just truly isn't thinking about anything at all...incredibly enough. I, on the other hand, am a constant analyzer, planner, dreamer, thinker. At any given moment I have some story of thoughts swimming in my mind. Anyway, on Friday evening I was feeling a little bit down with some of the thoughts that were going through my head. I shared some of my feelings with Joseph, and he decided that to cheer me up we would go as a family and drive around town looking at the Christmas lights. As we drove all over Coralville looking at people's beautiful lights while listening to Christmas music, my thoughts started to turn to what this season is all about. As I listened to Jake in the backseat getting so excited about the houses with lights and yelling "Doh! Doh!" (which somehow translights to "Lights! Lights!") and sat next to my eternal companion, I was just filled with gratitude for all of my blessings. I realized that so many of the things that I obssess about are so incredibly trivial. I thought about the birth of Christ and the love of our Savior that fills our hearts this time of year. I thought about how this is a wonderful season that I hope brings out a better side of me. But mostly, I thought about my wonderful little family that I love so much, and that I have a husband who will pick me up and help me see what the season is truly about, and my son who is happy and healthy and a joy to my heart.
And those are just a few of the thoughts that have been going through my head as of late. Just thought I'd share. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. :)
4 comments:
I love you! Lets hang out!
This would make a nice little "Latter-day Saint Voices" article in the Ensign.
That is my favorite part of the magazine by the way :)
Good post. Better than you thought it would be! Guess what? I got a camera for Christmas so I think I'm going to start a blog! Hope we get to talk to you tonight. Merry Christmas!
So about the thinking about nothing, get on youtube and search for the nothing box. It is funny. If I can find the link I'll post it here for you. It will make so much more sense after you see it. *grin*
Post a Comment