We made cupcakes that looked like baseballs and basketballs.The kids played a game where they decorated treat bags then went into Spencer's bedroom where there was candy hidden (and by hidden I mean laying in plain sight on the floor) for the kids to stash in their bags. Here is Spencer and Jake right before they go in. You can tell they have no idea what is going on...
Both Spencer and Jake were a little freaked out by the candles.
Here's a picture of the little friends that came. We have Tanner, Ben, Jake (who was thrilled to be having his picture taken), Maggie, Meg, and Spencer. Altogether it was a great day but we were ready to go home and have nap time! Sometimes it's hard to be two... Happy Birthday boys!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Two years old!
When I make a promise, I pull through. I told you I would blog about Jake's birthday, and here it is! Hey, better late than never, right? Jake's birthday was March 8 and he had his first (albiet small) birthday party this year. His friend Spencer's birthday is 5 days before his (ironically, Spencer was born on Jake's due date...the little punk...) so we got the boys together and invited their little nursury friends over to play and have cupcakes. We didn't have our own camera, so these pictures were actually taken off of Spencer's mom's blog (thanks Tawnya!)
Here is Jake and Spencer. I asked Jake how old he was. He said "TWO!" but only held one finger up. Thanks Mom and Dad for the cute birthday shirt for Jake! He loved that it had a baseball on it.
The theme for the party was "balls" so they had lots of balloons to play with and balls and basketball hoops. A two-year-old's dream...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh happy brithday little guy! And to Joe too! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you this summer!!!!!!!!
can't believe he is two - that means we haven't seen you guys for over 2 years...I think the last time we saw you, you were pregnant??? Dang...that's too long. Hope Jake had a great birthday....such a cutie!!
Trav,Ade & boys:)
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE! Looks like so much fun! I can't believe I will have to do birthday parties now!!!! Oh I can't wait!
He's so huge! Why is he crying in the last pic? Naptime? Haha, looks like it was a good time...
Sorry i never sent you pictures. I do have some better ones of jake. But, i can still get them to you! Sorry friend.
Post a Comment