Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where did my baby go?

For those of you who don't know, I just started watching a friend's baby while she went back to work as a kindergarten teacher. I have absolutely adored it. Her baby is the calmest, most peaceful baby in the world. He is the exact opposite of Jake in every way.

I knew that I would need some of our old baby equipment, so I made a trip to my in-laws attic a few weeks ago and retrieved all of Jake's old paraphernalia so we could get it ready for Jackson. I found his little bouncer that he used to always sleep in. That is, when he actually slept...
Here he is at 3 months:
...and at two years:

Where did my baby go? He just keeps growing and growing (I know, I've always been good at stating the obvious). The reason I know he was three months old in the first picture because I vividly remember putting him in that size 6 months outfit and I couldn't believe how fast my three month old was growing. And those thoughts are with me again while I look at these pictures. I imagine that in 18 years I'll look back and still be thinking the same thing...
P.S. This is Jake's favorite lounge chair. When Jackson isn't in it, Jake usually is. We'll see if it holds up for the next kid who uses it!!

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

He looks so cute in it too. I love his haircut!!

Gretchen said...

Aw, what a sweet boy!!! You must be a very proud mama, Angela!

Sarah and Wes said...

That is so West right now! He is even growing out of 6 month sleepers, he's so tall. Sigh, they DO grow up so fast, and mine is only 4 months old :)

Bethany said...

He looks so old in these pictures! Maybe because of the jeans? Maybe because of the "too-cool-for-school" expressions? Anyway, I too cannot believe how huge he is. Love you!

ade said...

He looks so big....so dang handsome. Hope to see you guys in Utah this Summer.

Love ya,
Adrianne