Joseph, Jake and I all went in for the first ultrasound yesterday. It's always a surreal experience to hear the heartbeat and then see that little tiny fetus inside you. Jake was terrified when we first walked in, but that was normal. He's pretty wary of doctors in general. The technician said things looked good, but we won't know for sure until blood work comes back.
Other than the fact that I am tired all the time, I am feeling wonderful! During the first trimester with Jake I threw up at least once a day, usually more, but this time I haven't thrown up at all. In fact, I vividly remember thinking that I would never get pregnant again after Jake because it was so miserable. Whoops... But really, this time it's a breeze. It really is a gift from above, because I don't know how in the world I could plan Girls Camp if I was as sick as I was with Jake.
The official due date is Dec. 28, so we could have a Christmas baby on our hands! Although, I'm not keeping my fingers crossed since Jake was 5 days late. Hopefully it will come sometime over that break, though, so I can have a husband for at least a few days to help out.
So, there you have it! I'm going to be the mother of two. I've already had a few anxiety attacks over that prospect, but I'm getting used to the idea.(Note: Don't expect pregnancy pictures from me. I do not care to relive how huge I get during this whole process...Also, along that same note, please, if I ever ask how I look, lie and tell me I look great, haha!)
22 comments:
Congratulations, Ariel! As I just said on FB, I grew suspicious when you wrote about exhaustion! I'm so glad you're feeling well. I'm sending lots of cyber hugs to you and your family! I bet it's a girl...
Um, as I recall, you were the cutest pregnant lady EVER so you have nothing to worry about! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!!!
That was the first thing I thought when you posted about your 'exhaustion' due to girl's camp.
Congratulations and a challenge; find a cuter pregnancy ticker than I did so I can steal it :)
I was wondering! Congrats Angela! Two is always better than one!
Congrats Angela! I'm so glad that you're not feeling sick at all!!
I'm sure you are extremely cute when pregnant, no need for anyone to lie :)
YAY!! I had a feeling that was coming soon... :)
And I'm sure you look wonderful :)
ha ha, I wanted to comment on your last post about why you were so tired but I thought I should wait! :) I am excited for you guys!
Congratulations!! And first trimester is over so you should be feeling even better. Such great news!
Hip Hooray! I'm excited for you! And I think you have the same due date as Regan Judd!
Hooray for another sure-to-be-cute kid! When I saw the title of your post, I just knew it. Congratulations, Angela!
WAHOO!! Congrats again guys! We are so excited for you!
Congrats! How exciting! You will do great being a Mother of two. You'll find that after the first few months it will be easy cuz Jake will entertain the baby..lol. Hope you continue feeling well :) Just one piece of advice..When you are holding baby or feeding or anything, sit somewhere where Jake can sit by you. He might be a little jealous at first but if you include him and always make him feel welcome, and not like baby is invading his territory he will be much quicker to adapt to the new baby and be kind. It worked wonders for me and mine are 14 1/2 months apart!
Exciting! You will do great with two - and I am sure you looks supercute pregnant!
Yay! Congrats Angela!!!!! We're so excited for you guys! Our little one is due around Thanksgiving. Between you and me, the Witts are gonna have an exciting holiday season! Hopefully you continue to feel well!
Yeah Angela I am so happy for you!! I hope all goes well this time around. Miss you, take care.
SO SUPER EXCITED! I think a baby around the holidays is an added bonus. Can't wait to hear the news of what it is (the suspense is going to kill me...please tell me you're going to f
ind out).
Jake will be a wonderful big brother and you guys will adjust perfectly to another child.
Keep us posted and keep feeling well :).
yahoo...another little Dougherty. Hope you are feeling better - CONGRATS!!
Congratulations!! We're so excited for you. We've got to pair up sometime and actually meet your children! I hope your feeling well continues. Just so happy for you! You're a great mom. Any child will be so blessed to be part of your family.
Much love,
Melissa
Congratulations, so excited for you! Can't wait to see you when you come to Utah in July!
Yay! Congrats!!!
yay! congrats!! and you've given me hope that it was so much better this time around... maybe someday madilyn will have a sibling then :)
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! ha ha ha ha, congrats girl! I am so excited for you! I also CAN'T WAIT to see you a week or so! We need to talk! I'll call ya soon, or you call me when you can, whoever wins :) Luv ya!
Post a Comment