Jake woke up this morning SO excited. Today was his first day of preschool! He goes Tuesday and Thursday mornings to an adorable little preschool called Kinderfarm. I thought that since he's still a little young we would only do the twice a week program, and Kinderfarm seemed like a great fit for Jake since it's on a farm (only in Iowa, right?) where they learn not only about letters and numbers, but they also feed the chickens and goats and ride horses and tractors and all kinds of cool farm stuff that kids love!
As excited as I am about Jake going to Kinderfarm, there is a small (ok, maybe quite large) part of me that is really sad to see him leaving me twice a week! The beginning of the rest of his life started today now that he's in school. The funny thing to me is that Joseph is still in school, too. Poor Jake, watching his dad he's going to think that school never ends. Well, in our house it certainly seems that way!
So excited for the van to come pick him up!

Watching and waiting for the van
Even though it's hard watching your first child go to school for the first time, I enjoyed a very relaxing morning all by myself while Eli slept. I think I could get used to it.
5 comments:
You are such a good mom... exciting milestones huh?
So did he love it? How did it go??
Yay! That will be so hard for me. Luckily, I've got some time :)
How cute!! Can't wait til Tuesday!
I have heard so much about kinderfarm from everyone. I am excited for Malia to go to preschool. I think thats where we will have her go now that we will be in iowa for another 4 years! Ha! I will have to talk to you and get some more info!
Post a Comment