Thursday, September 1, 2011

Home Again

The great thing about trips is that no matter how much fun you have, it is always wonderful to come home. And after staying in a hotel room for 5 weeks straight, let me just tell you that it is WONDERFUL to be home again.

The last few days of our vacation was filled with seeing family. It just so happened that the day that we left Denver, Joseph's twin brother Christopher was flying into Denver to start HIS externship in anesthesiology. Although our schedules didn't quite click, we were able to meet up for a quick lunch. Jake loved seeing Uncle Christopher and at random points in our car trip home he kept blurting out, "I love Christopher."


On our drive home, we made a pit stop in Wichita to see my sister-in-law and her beautiful family, and we were able to meet their newest and sweetest little guy, Simon! We had such an amazing time with them just letting the kids play and soak up the sun in their pool.

Jake loved his pink floaties! They came complete with a little lace finish along the edges. Nice!




Eli has become quite the little momma's boy. He is pretty much constantly wanting to be held if I'm around. As annoying as that can be at times, I secretly love that he loves me so much. Jake never really cared about me holding him, so it's fun to have a baby that I can cuddle.

Sunday meant saying goodbye to the Zepps. It was so sad to leave, but after they showed us the great set-up that they have out there in Kansas, we must say that Wichita is on the list of possibilities for a future dental practice. Wouldn't that be so much fun?!

The Kiddos

The men and their babies

On the way home.

And so (deep breaths) that was our Denver trip. Did I mention that it's good to be back? Because, as cliche as it is, there's just no place like home.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Glad you're home, too! Thanks for the update and pics, love you!

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

I'm sure you are sooo glad to be back in Iowa. (did you ever think you would say that?) You always make the best of your situations and made some great memories in the Denver area. Dad and I could hardly tell Joseph and Christopher apart in the picture...so great to see them together!!! Thanks for going out of your way to see Christopher and Elizabeth's family...We love having our children in each others lives...Love to you...

Zepp Family said...

So wonderful to have had you drop by! The girls are still talking about how much they LOVE your family. Jake and Eli are such cute and sweet boys...we couldn't be prouder to have them as nephews/cousins. Sure hope it's in the near future that we get to see you all again. We love you!

P.S. Joseph left his sandals and Jake has one of his sandals here too...text me your address ASAP and I will mail them off!

ade said...

love it! looks like a wonderful trip...I could hardly tell the twins apart - such handsome guys. Your boys are adorable as ever.. so glad you are back home and safe but how great to be able to see sooo much family. we love you.