I'm sorry to say that Jake's naps haven't gotten much better. I've tried switching to the one nap thing but he still seems so tired and cranky. So, my solution thus far has been to keep him in his crib for at least an hour twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. If he sleeps then he's gotten a good nap. If he doesn't sleep then he's gotten some good quiet time. Nice, right? Well, today Jake really tested my patience. He was in his crib this morning for two hours and slept for half an hour. This afternoon, Jake was in his crib for the same amount of time and didn't sleep at all! I feel bad leaving him in his crib for so long, but if I don't he just won't fall asleep, and by the time I come to the conclusion that he just isn't going to fall asleep half of the day is gone. So this afternoon when I went in to get him out of his crib, this is what I found. Notice how tired he looks. Also notice how he refuses to sleep. But he's also so cute...What is a mother to do???
12 comments:
I wish I could give advice...I am currently trying to keep Isaac up to at least 6:00 before he goes to bed...one day it is going to catch up to him and he is going to zonk out for the whole day.
Could he really tell what you were asking him? He is soooo cute. Thanks for the video!
That is awesome!! Even when my kids were that age and took a nap I don't think some of them woke up as happy as Jake when he doesn't take a nap. Gotta love and be thankful for those happy BOYS!!! Great work:)
Love ya,
Adrianne
such a funny video, love it! When were you moving back to provo again? ;) I miss you!
I was thinking again about this predicament you are in. I don't know if you have a window in his room or not, but when Isaac wasn't taking good naps I put up a dark sheet over his window. It seemed to work having the room darker....just a thought. Good Luck
What a cutie cutie cutie!!! Please come visit us!
Is he still sleeping through the night OK? I'd take that and run with it!
Be glad he's not a bawling, screaming terror during nap/quiet time.
He really is such a doll :)
P.S. I keep meaning to tell you that every BLUE Care Bear Olivia has (which is like 5) she calls them "Jakey Bear." She will not accept that they come with names specific to the picture on their tummy.
We love us some Jake!
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...he's getting so big and he's really cute too!
love,
the Elliott's
Oh man that is the cutest thing EVER!! How can you be mad at that? Seriously, the cutest thing ever!
Ok I know you don't really know me, but our sons are the same age. And so I am finding the nap thing difficult too, and he is like your Jake, always happy even if he doesn't get a nap, or if he sleeps like 10 min, he takes that as a power nap and then is happy and ready to go another few hours before acting tired. Sooo, what I have done is started playing the same music for him during his entire naptime. I actually play Enya for him and HE LOVES IT! He is now taking about an hour nap in the morning and TWO hours in the afternoon, oh and I also put him on a schedule of naps being right around 10am and 3pm and then he goes to bed about 9pm cuz if it's any earlier he wakes up at 530 and I am one to value my sleep! So there's just a suggestion. Good luck!!
p.s. I did love the video too and it actually looked like he was answering your questions!!! :)
Post a Comment