Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Valentine's day, Birthday, and Christmas present

Here's the story:

I was at the mall a while ago and I went to Fred Meyer Jewelers just to look around (I'm a girl, I can do that). I came across a gorgeous wedding set that I just couldn't take my eyes off of. Joseph had always said that the ring that he gave me when we got engaged was a "starter" ring and we would upgrade in many years when we were a little bit more established. So when I went to the store, I admired and put it on my fingers then put it back and thought to myself, "give it ten years, then come back." The lady who was working at the store obviously saw how much I liked it, so she offered to put the name of it and code on a card with my name so that if Joseph ever went in he would see the kind of thing that I liked. As she did this I thought that it doesn't matter what she does because it's not like Joseph would ever do anything like that at this point in our lives, and in ten years from now it would be long gone.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I was freaking out because I was positive that my wedding ring had vanished down the drain. I couldn't find it anywhere. I thought I was going to have to find a fake ring to wear for about ten years and I felt just sick about losing my wedding ring.

Fast forward to Friday. I had left my phone in the bathroom to charge, and I heard that I had gotten a text message, so I went in the bathroom to check it out. Sitting there, where my other ring had been before it "fell down the drain" was the brand new, shiny, gorgeous wedding ring set from the jewelry store. I about fainted. I never thought that he would actually get it, but here it is (sorry it isn't a very good picture, it's very hard to get a good picture of small things):



Joseph said that he went in there to see what kinds of things they had for Valentine's Day and found my card and laughed because there was just one thing on it. The ring was on clearance and he negotiated with them to get the price even lower, then turned in my other ring to get it even lower, and eventually got a fabulous deal.

I'm not gonna lie, I feel a little guilty. I know that he had to dip into our savings a little bit to get it. But, this constitutes a Valentine's present, birthday present, and Christmas present all rolled into one for the next few years. Of course, I don't feel guilty enough to stop admiring the gorgeous ring on my finger.

11 comments:

Aul4 said...

Awwwwww....what a lovely ring, and what a lovely husband! Congratulations and may you wear it in good health for many, many years!

Abby said...

It is beautiful! What an awesome story. Joseph always thinks of cool ways to surprise you. I can't wait to see you this week.

ade said...

That Joseph is a sweet husband. What a fun story! Love you guys!!

Ade

Joe'n'Jess said...

If I trade in one my kids can I get a ring like that? I'm so glad our husbands are friends.

Bethany said...

That was a great story! Miss you and can't wait to see you!

Zepp Family said...

Way to go little brother! Glad it was a HAPPY Valentime's Day for you Angela!

Mindy said...

Wow! What a set! "One ring to woo them all" - sounds like it worked :) I love the story of how you got your ring, Angela. I hope you enjoy it day after day; it's beautiful!

Tawnya said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Unknown said...

awwwww, such a sweet story. That man must really love you, holy crap that ring is huge! I love it, and I miss you soo much!!!!!

Valerie said...

Great story, Angela! I hope that your family is doing well!

Ben, Ursula and Isabella Dougherty said...

I love that ring! I have to say that Dougherty boys are pretty creative when it comes to surprises. I love it!