Monday, April 20, 2009

He takes after his dad

A few weeks ago Jake found the toothpaste. He literally walked around sucking on the toothpaste cap for about an hour. Once I realized that he had gotten the cap undone I thought it was probably my motherly duty to take it away to prevent some sort of flouride poisoning. Of course, he threw a fit, but at least the mouth that was screaming in my face smelled minty fresh! Apparently the kid loves toothpaste.

Then this morning I "flossed" his teeth. He was fascinated as I flossed my own teeth and he kept grabbing it out of my hand, so I thought it might be funny to try the impossible. I couldn't believe it, but yet again he loved it! He sat there with his mouth wide open just feeling the floss massage his gums with a huge grin on his face. Of course, he has such large spaces between his teeth that the "flossing" really didn't do anything, but he loved it nonetheless. Maybe he'll follow in his dad's footsteps since he's already showing such promise! :) Wouldn't it be even more ironic to have TWO dentists in the family!?! It might be more than I could handle...

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is so funny. You are a good writer. I really like reading your blog.

Joe'n'Jess said...

i love that last picture of jake. his big ole smile is just so cute.

Rachel said...

bravo for flossing your teeth, Angela! (I still resist it, I know...) and I was witness to Jakes toothpaste dessert. Gross. But at least he had minty breath for the mall that day with us!

Bethany said...

I for one am very impressed that you floss your teeth in the morning!

Whitney Seaberg said...

Funny! I love the teethy grin. Everyday I brush Tyler's teeth it is such a struggle. He used to like it but his gums are so sore with tons of new teeth coming in that I think it just hurts. I feel bad but know he needs clean teeth. I don't know if I could get him to sit and floss...I will have to try that when he wakes from his nap!

Zepp Family said...

Yeah, that last pic is a hoot! He is so proud of those clean choppers.