Thursday, May 21, 2009

He always had a knack for kicking

When Jake was in the womb I felt more like a goal for my child to practice his soccer skills than a safe haven wear he could develop unencumbered. I didn't know that such a little thing (although you couldn't tell he was little by the size of my stomach!) could kick so dang hard. And then he was born. I used to pick him up by holding him underneath his arms while he was upright, and he would kick the open air like crazy. I thought this was normal until everyone who saw it started laughing. That's when I realized that this baby really likes to make full use of his legs. And here is further evidence:

Looks like I have a future as a soccer mom ahead of me!!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun! Think of the possibilities - not just soccer, but football, and there ain't no way any kid will mess with him on the playground with the reputation as one mean kicker! And he'd be a great swimmer too with those powerful legs :) You guys have bred an athlete!

Kyna said...

You are such a fun family! You'll be a such a cute soccer mom, I just wonder, do you have the minivan yet?? 'Cause I don't know if you can be a soccer mom without one...

Bethany said...

I love his laughs! See you soon!

Joe'n'Jess said...

i can just imagine you screaming your lungs out aside the soccer field. You'll be Jake's #1 fan, and his girlfriends won't want to sit by you because the refs give you yellow cards.

Bethany said...

I love that the excitement of kicking the ball is almost too much for him to handle!