Monday, May 18, 2009

What a vacation!!

It was too short...I miss Florida already...*sigh...* Well, we're back in Iowa! We had a great trip, and now we're back to the grindstone. Joseph left early this morning for classes, and I'm at home enjoying some quiet time while Jake is sleeping (it's 9 o'clock in the morning and he's STILL asleep! He's obviously exhausted).

Our trip started out with Jake's first plane trip ever, which he LOVED, and Joseph's worst plane trip ever, where he threw up twice in the air and once in the car ride after, and yes, he took Dramamine before we took off.


Ben picked us up from the Orlando airport late at night and we woke up early the next morning to go to Disney World!!

We met up with our friends the Whiteheads and had a blast together on the rides. This picture was taken on "Pirates of the Carribean" and it would have been great if Jake was looking!!

The evil Emperor Zurg!


Joseph killed me on the Buzz Lightyear laser game, my high score was 25,000, Joseph's was 220,000.

Jake was terrified of the characters. This was the first and only attempt we made to have his picture taken with them.
We didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked at Disney World because the kids were absolutely exhausted. We took them back to the hotel to take a nap and go swimming. Later that night, Joseph and I went back to Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks show and catch some of the rides that we didn't get to earlier.

The next day we went to Daytona Beach!!! It was SOO much fun, but Jake was terrified of the sand! He wouldn't get out of his stroller unless we were holding him, but he did seem to like just hanging out there.
Yes, we all got sunburned (except for Jake of course, who was in the shade of his stroller the whole time).
On Sunday we went to church that was across the street from the Orlando Temple. We had never seen the Orlando temple in person, and it is absolutely gorgeous.
This is a random building that we saw in Orlando. It is called "Wonderworks" and it's an upside-down building! Crazy!!

We all had an awesome but exhausting time. Here is Jake on the plane coming home.
Alright, I know what you guys are all thinking. So did we use the leash or not??? Well, folks, it seems as though I need to swallow my pride and hand it to my husband. No, we didn't use a leash! Our friends had them on hand in case we needed them, and I'm not gonna lie, there were times that I really wanted to use one. If I had been there without my husband I would have taken it out, but Joseph was determined and it ended up that Jake was good enough without it that we didn't have to use it. We all ended up having a great and safe time. We decided that we're going to make it an annual trip. Now what do we have to look forward to? Summer break!!!
P.S. We have a lot of video from the vacation where Ben and Ursula are in it, but for some reason we don't have any pictures! I need to get a little better about taking pictures. But I promise they were there and they showed us a great time in Florida with their family. Thanks again Ben and Ursula for everything!!!

9 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

OH my gosh, I can't wait to go!!! And did I tell you that we are staying at Daytona Beach? Woohoo!! Get excited! It looks like you guys had tons of fun (except Joseph on the plane ride, poor guy). Any tips while we are there?

Bethany said...

Looks like so much fun!! Love you!

Zepp Family said...

Lucky Ducks...sounds like it was a whirl wind of fun. All the pictures are great, but my absolute favorite is the one of Roj finishing up a puke session as you and Jake are in the background having a gay ole time! Priceless :)

P.S. You guys look like hotties on the beach.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

What a cute swimsuit! Glad you had fun!

Aul4 said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip. I couldn't wait to log on and find out the ending to the "leash" saga! :) I'm glad you didn't need it.

Mindy said...

What a fun vacation! You guys look so happy in the pictures (except for the ones with Mr. Smee. Poor Jake; I never liked those characters either). And what a great idea to make it an annual trip! I bet you guys will look forward to that all year :)

Whitney Seaberg said...

In that last pic, Jake looks so much like Joseph! Glad you guys had a good time. Sounds like you were quite busy but enjoyed every minute of it :)
p.s. Glad Jake did good without the lease, but I was on your side. If it was our family vacation I was thinking we would have totally had to lease Tyler..lol

Tawnya said...

That sounds like so much fun! I missed you guys and I am glad you are back!

Megan and Ben Smith said...

I miss Florida sooo much! I can't wait to take my kiddos there.