Friday, June 12, 2009

The new passion

Joseph has a new love in his life which he obsesses over day and night: softball! Ok, it's not that bad, but he did tell me that he gets more anxious for his city-league softball games than his midterm exams!! A bunch of guys in his dental school class got together and formed a team that is sponsored by Oral-B. They have a game every Tuesday evening. Jake and I have only been able to go to one game so far since it has either been raining or way past Jake's bedtime by the time the game starts, but it is a lot of fun nonetheless! I got a matching t-shirt with the team logo on it, and Jake has his own toddler chair that nana got him which he brings to the games and LOVES to sit in. We are definitely the #1 fans. You may be surprised, but I like to cheer really loud for Joseph (what? that doesn't surprise you?), so basically you could hear my voice yelling a mile away...maybe two. Jake also likes to watch his dad and he gets excited when he waves to him from the dugout or the outfield. That makes two of us I guess. :)

Joseph hitting the softball

Jake joined him in the dugout

Watching the game from his favorite chair

Can't you tell he loves softball?!

2 comments:

Joe'n'Jess said...

ah, softball. how do i love thee? let me count the ways. Except that joe can't think about ANYTHING else on game day. If I came to that game naked, I don't think he'd even notice. For those who don't know, my husband is also named Joe, I'm not talking about Joe Dougherty here.

Joe'n'Jess said...

rampant caries 4 life!!!